For the latest regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, go to http://www.sacoronavirus.co.za
In his quest to find out how to live a meaningful life, the writer of Ecclesiastes urges his readers not to be paralyzed by their lack of knowledge but to use every opportunity to do good.
Our names are Henry and Annette Pool and we are 2 of the 7 founding directors of Crystal Cathedral Ministries South Africa (CCMSA) and Heart for Children respectively. We have been appointed as operating officers by the boards for the day-to-day running of the office but please note that our activities for these two foundations are ‘Pro Deo’ i.e. we do not receive any income from these charities. Since 2018, we are both pensioners!
Crystal Cathedral Ministries SA (CCMSA)
The aim of CCMSA is to advance the Christian faith, for public benefit, through the ministering to all people, by proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, the son of God, by broadcasting Christian TV programs.
HEART FOR CHILDREN
The goal of the Heart for Children foundation is to give orphans, abandoned and vulnerable children a chance for a better life through offering shelter, food, clothing and education via partner organizations.
- Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days
- Give a portion to seven, or even to eight, for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.
- If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves on the earth, and if a tree falls to the south or to the north,in the place where the tree falls, there it will lie.
- He who observes the wind will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap.
- As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
- In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.
Essentially the ‘bread’ is like the ‘seed’ that you throw on very wet land, one day hoping to see a harvest…
Do you ever wonder if anything you do for God really matters? You pray for a friend, but does your prayer get answered? You give money to help the poor, but does it really help them? You give money to the church, but does it change lives? You share the gospel, but does anyone get saved? Sometimes you do wonder, don’t you? ….
But then there are times when you do catch a glimpse of what God is doing; when you see that something you did for Jesus really did make a difference in someone’s life, or even in the future of a whole nation….
This is what my blog is about. I hope you will be inspired and motivated by your visit to this website and that you will always continue to cast your bread on the water, hopefully to see one day how it comes back to you….but if not, always knowing that your reward for doing “this or that” will be waiting for you in Heaven, anyway.
Wishing you God’s richest blessings,